Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RANS BIKES AND COMPANY

3 posters

Go down

RANS BIKES AND COMPANY Empty RANS BIKES AND COMPANY

Post by rydabent Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Let me kick of this thread by saying Im a very satisfied owner of a Rans Stratus. I got started with bents 5 years ago. The LBS had a leftover 2004 Tailwind that they gave me a good deal on. After a few rides I was totally hooked on bents. My road bike and mountain bike hung in the basement gathering dust. I retired 2 years ago, and freedom to ride went way up. So I sold the Tailwind (for just $200 less than I payed for it) and bought my Stratus. The main reasons for the Stratus was more room on the rear for a rack to carry a trunk pack. Also the 26 in rear tire made it faster and and gave a better ride. The welds and the paint on both are first class. Shifting with the Sram componets is flawless. Rans adjustable seat and handle bars make it easy to get a position that fits exactly where I want it. I now have 5800 miles on the bike with no problems what so ever. With the cost and quality of the Stratus, I feel it has the best bang for the buck on the market.

BTW the Rans company have fantastic customer support. I attended the Rans rally last year and this year. You can tell they like what they do and appreciate their customers. They even sent me a thankyou card for attending the rally.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

RANS BIKES AND COMPANY Empty Re: RANS BIKES AND COMPANY

Post by frFloyd Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Also have a RANS Stratus that I am very satisfied with... I like the handleing and I am more of a Long Wheel Base kind of guy...that means I feel more comfortable on a LWB...
peace

frFloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabent Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Yes I too think the LWB bents are the most user friendly. The lower riding position, the cranks below the seat some, and the rear weight bias make for a very safe bike too. I find mine very easy to handle in town and on bike paths where a lot of starting and stopping is needed.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabent Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:23 pm

I am now up to 8000 miles on the Stratus. Still no troubles at all, just regular maintence. I did upgrade the RD to a Sram 7, as the Sram 3 that came on the bike didnt have the jockey and tension wheels that could be removed for service. This winter during my full maintence check I am going to replace the chain. My Park chain wear tool is starting to show some wear, altho not a full 1% yet. I believe in preventive maintence. It has held me in good stead, since I have never had to walk home.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Yeah, I need to get a chain measuring tool. The chains on a couple of my bikes are getting kind of noisy and I know they have plenty of lube on them.
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabent Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:45 pm

I went ahead and ordered the replacement chain from Rans, and it came in just a few days later. BTW it came with the replaceable link that makes removal and replacement easy for cleaning etc.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down