Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rans rocket handlebars

4 posters

Go down

rans rocket handlebars Empty rans rocket handlebars

Post by rocket man Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:37 am

Has anyone made the change from the flip it riser to the later swept back bars? I don't remember the bar number it was B27 or B29 or something like that. If you did it how do you like it? How many items do I have to replace to do it? I know it is on the rans website but it doesn't make much sense reading it.
I am afraid to put any pressure on that flip it hinge. There is no strain under normal use but it just seems to be a weak point to me.
Sure could create a problem if that thing should fail.
rocket man
rocket man
rocket man

Male

Back to top Go down

rans rocket handlebars Empty Re: rans rocket handlebars

Post by R42Pilot Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:52 am

Are you thinking the tweener style bar? That comes with a learning curve, too. I wouldn't sweat that flip it stem. The only drawback to that is weight. That tweener bar will take some learning for corners. I have a friend that has a brand new Bachetta ti aero, but he's scared to ride it because he can't get used to those tweeners.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:27 pm

My wife says she actually likes the Hamster bars. All she does is rest her hands up there anyways. She's tried riding my Giro and does NOT (she says) like the bars on it.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:44 pm

rocket man wrote:Has anyone made the change from the flip it riser to the later swept back bars? I don't remember the bar number it was B27 or B29 or something like that. If you did it how do you like it? How many items do I have to replace to do it? I know it is on the rans website but it doesn't make much sense reading it.
I am afraid to put any pressure on that flip it hinge. There is no strain under normal use but it just seems to be a weak point to me.
Sure could create a problem if that thing should fail.
rocket man

I have the Tweener style bars and the Bacchetta B-Pivot flip system on the Strada. I really like the flip system it sure makes getting off and on the bike a lot easier and makes the bar positioning simple too adjust. The Tweeners do take some getting used too but they will become second nature with riding time, and as far as the flip system I don't believe you would ever break it.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down