Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rans V-Rex

5 posters

Go down

Rans V-Rex Empty Rans V-Rex

Post by Ken From Michigan Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:48 am

We started out with a pair of BikeE ATs and in 2004 we moved up to two Rans V-Rexes. Both my wife and I ride them and have found that we can ride for hours and not feel sore and beat at the end of our rides. Smile We consider 25 to 35 miles in an afternoon a "short" ride, but due to my wife's fragile health we generally do not exceed 50 miles in a day. Wink

Ken From Michigan

Male

Back to top Go down

Rans V-Rex Empty Re: Rans V-Rex

Post by Nightturkey Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 am

25 miles is a short ride? You go, dude! (and Mrs. Dude, too!)
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Rans V-Rex Empty V-Rex vs Rocket

Post by mtwnrocket Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 am

My best cycling friend loves his V-Rex even more than his Formula 26. He is something of a cycling "expert" and thinks the V-Rex is slightly more efficient than my Rocket due to the larger rear wheel. Don't know about that, but I do know that V-Rex owners are loyal bunch.

Agree, 25-35 miles is a decent after-work ride when I have enough daylight. I have to say that, if your wife's fragile health "only" limits her to 50 miles per day, she must've been a poster-child for Health Magazine before.

Dave

mtwnrocket

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:22 am

I've recently rescued a V-Rex from a dark garage and love it. My wife stole my Rocket, hmmm, that didn't sound right...aw, you know what I mean, anyhow, absolutely love the V-Rex. It's my commuter bike now. A few people at work already offered to buy it from me! No way!!! I may try it for some short loaded tours this spring, I love the stability it provides.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:46 pm

rydabyk wrote:I've recently rescued a V-Rex from a dark garage and love it. My wife stole my Rocket, hmmm, that didn't sound right...aw, you know what I mean, anyhow, absolutely love the V-Rex. It's my commuter bike now. A few people at work already offered to buy it from me! No way!!! I may try it for some short loaded tours this spring, I love the stability it provides.

Walt

I'm sure there's more to the story of the rescued Rex.... C'monnn..... Share!

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Rans V-Rex Empty Rescued V-Rex

Post by rydabyk Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:02 pm

My rescued Rex, I found him on craigslist for $400. 2001 model, 105 crank and front derailleur, Sram 9.0 shifters and rear derailleur. I'm going to change out the front fork for non-suspension one. The guy I bought it from actually lives less than 3 miles from me, I've never seen him on a bent, I think I know or at least know of most the bentriders around here. He says he has not ridden it in the past year or so, says he likes his road bike scratch , but I also saw a Giro 20 in the garage along with a folder. Who knows, maybe he'll get rid of the Giro next?

Rans V-Rex _01_v-10

Last edited by rydabyk on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:44 pm

That was a great find for four bills! That's one of those once-in-a-lifetime, being in the right place at the right time kinda deals. Looks great!

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 am

Yea, Craigslist is great. I got my Rocket off of it too. It's a '99 with Sram 7.0. I don't want to make you sick and tell you how much I paid for it, but, it was less than the Rex.

Rans V-Rex Rocket10
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightturkey Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:38 am

I'm just discovering the joys of Craigslist - thank you, Craig, wherever you are.
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Nightturkey wrote:I'm just discovering the joys of Craigslist - thank you, Craig, wherever you are.

I bought the frame for my first conversion bike off Craigslist. I bought some 20# CO2 tanks off of another guy and ended up scoring a box full of NiteRider stuff, too. In that box was a perfectly functioning HID system that I use to this day.

Craigslist is one of the few places where you can bitch about the government, buy a bicycle, rent an apartment, trade off your junk for somebody to roto-till your garden and get laid in one fell swoop. Truly your one-stop shopping place!

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Yea, it's great. Last summer after seeing all of the ads for free bushes if you came to get them I put an add on there that said:

"Free grass clippings, you come, you cut, you haul"

I actually had someone email me about the add. He never did show up though scratch
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down