Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Infinity

2 posters

Go down

My Infinity Empty My Infinity

Post by Racer46 Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 am

The day I brought home the EZ-Rider (pix in the CLWB forum) I was looking at Craigslist and found this Infinity. It was in need of work. Both tires were dry rotted and the freewheel would not turn. I’ve done a lot of work to it. New tires & tubes, new brake pads, lubed all the bearings, replaced the bottom bracket with a sealed unit, triple chainring & shorter cranks. Added bar ends, hydration pack, rack and trunk. I added a quill from an old mountain bike to the headset and installed a piece of conduit to hold a mirror and computer. My wife gave me a set of panniers for Christmas (think she’s trying to tell me something?)

I love this bike and have put about 250 miles on it since I got it running in October.

My Infinity R_side10
My Infinity Rrq10
My Infinity Lfq10
My Infinity R_side11

One of these days I'll get a camera with a decent white balance on it.
Racer46
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down

My Infinity Empty Re: My Infinity

Post by R42Pilot Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Hey Pete!

That's a good looking old ride you have!

I keep thinking I'd like to score an old Tour Easy about that vintage, but they get snapped up when they appear for sale. Never cheap, either. My other choice would be a vintage Ryan. A man can only dream.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Racer46 Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 am

Thanx Mark,

When I bought the bike the previous owner said he was realy going to miss it. I found that funny as due to it's condition I could tell it hadn't been riden in at least 5 years. I think it had the original tires on it, as I was rolling it into the garage it was leaving a trail of flaking rubber. From the serial number and some things I read on the Yahoo Infinity group I think mine was made in 1984.

I like the Tour Easy and have been contemplating building a clone, plans are available on the internet. Having a long wheelbase bike already I think my next bent might be a short wheelbase or a trike.
Racer46
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:28 am

Racer46 wrote:Thanx Mark,

When I bought the bike the previous owner said he was realy going to miss it. I found that funny as due to it's condition I could tell it hadn't been riden in at least 5 years. I think it had the original tires on it, as I was rolling it into the garage it was leaving a trail of flaking rubber. From the serial number and some things I read on the Yahoo Infinity group I think mine was made in 1984.

I like the Tour Easy and have been contemplating building a clone, plans are available on the internet. Having a long wheelbase bike already I think my next bent might be a short wheelbase or a trike.

Yeah, I collected up some frames with intention of building a recycled recumbent. Even taught myself to braze. I'd rather have the real thing. Not that I'm against homebuilding.....

I'm definitely a SWB guy, but would like to give the LWB world a try.

I was kind of enthused about trikes for awhile. I think I would like one best wrapped in a velomobile. Very Happy

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:15 am

Re-reading this thread was a hoot, in light of the fact I now have an Infinity, as well! Too funny!

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down