Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride @ bent up 3/20 8:30am

Go down

Ride @ bent up 3/20 8:30am Empty Ride @ bent up 3/20 8:30am

Post by Fredwina Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Here are more details on next Saturday's ride:

Meet at the shop at 8:15am(7828 balboa blvd, Van Nuys, CA), leave at 8:30. Bathrooms, water and a pump will be available.

Here is a route of the map:
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Porter-Ranch-Valley-Circle-Loop

It is about 28 miles with about 780 feet of climbing. The busiest streets will be on will be Balboa and Nordhoff at the beginning of the ride, but at 8:30 they will be pretty empty.

The biggest climb is up Wilbur to Rinaldi. It's a pretty gentle climb that gets a little steeper at the top. Wilbur doesn't have a lot of traffic, and Rinaldi has a nice bike lane all the way across the top of the Valley. Once we drop down to Chatsworth, we will be on quieter residential streets.

Towards the end we have to get on some busier streets again for a couple miles to get over to the Orange line bike path.

Back up to the shop I have you using Balboa. If you would prefer less traffic, but an extra .5 miles, we can go up Hayvenhurst. Let me know what you would prefer. I'm so used to Balboa now that I don't even think about it, but I also want people to be comfortable with the ride.
Fredwina
Fredwina

Female

Back to top Go down