Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruzbike Conversion Kits

+6
teacherbill
defjack
Red381
Racer46
Admin
R42Pilot
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cruzbike Conversion Kits - Page 2 Empty Re: Cruzbike Conversion Kits

Post by Admin Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm

R42Pilot wrote:First of all, I really did score the Infinity for $36... That was no ploy. But, I have used this ploy succesfully before with brewing equipment, so I know it can work. And if you're thinking about feeling guilty if you do use this tactic, just know that women use it on us all the time. Do the words, "But.... It was ON SALE!!" sound familiar? Uh-huh.... So you stretch the "on sale" a little bit, you're probably due after all these years.

Stick around me, fellas, I'll learn ya!

Mark

Ohhh GOD pale were all gonna die!!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Admin wrote:
R42Pilot wrote:First of all, I really did score the Infinity for $36... That was no ploy. But, I have used this ploy succesfully before with brewing equipment, so I know it can work. And if you're thinking about feeling guilty if you do use this tactic, just know that women use it on us all the time. Do the words, "But.... It was ON SALE!!" sound familiar? Uh-huh.... So you stretch the "on sale" a little bit, you're probably due after all these years.

Mark

Ohhh GOD pale were all gonna die!!

No, no, no.... I live in a house with three females. I've adapted and overcome, TRUST me! Laughing Laughing

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red381 Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:11 pm

quote="Admin
Ohhh GOD pale were all gonna die!![/quote]

That's funny!.......

Mark[/quote]
No, no, no.... I live in a house with three females. I've adapted and overcome, TRUST me! Laughing Laughing

Mark[/quote]

Sure we do Mark No
Red381
Red381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Awww, man.. Sad

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:52 pm

R42Pilot wrote:...And if you're thinking about feeling guilty if you do use this tactic, just know that women use it on us all the time. Do the words, "But.... It was ON SALE!!" sound familiar? Uh-huh.... So you stretch the "on sale" a little bit, you're probably due after all these years.

Mark

Wow.

I bow to your majestic logic ...

Cruzbike Conversion Kits - Page 2 5158570_std

We're not worthy ... We're not worthy ... We're not worthy ...

BluesCat cat

BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Racer46 Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:58 pm

You need leverage. A few years ago my wife wanted to move to the “Big City” from the small “Podunk Town” that I was very happy living in. Now any time I want to make a “reasonable expenditure” I mention that we moved to make her happy. Once in a while I still complain about living here so she won’t think I’ve started to like it.
Racer46
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Pete..

Good plan; maintain your leverage that way! Never let them think you're happy, or they'll find a way to make you unhappy.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:02 pm

Now that I see how that works I may be inclined to try it. I have a few old DF's out in the garage collecting dust! It might be fun to play with something like that.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Bike Leggos!!

You just have to make sure that your donor bike has a low enough top tube that you'll be able to reach the ground when the seat is attached.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rsyb Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:07 pm

R42Pilot wrote:Bike Leggos!!

You just have to make sure that your donor bike has a low enough top tube that you'll be able to reach the ground when the seat is attached.

Mark

I feel myself being sucked into this "cult"!! Shocked

What other things do I need to consider when looking for a donor bike? I do want a skinny tired racer...

Yeah, my wife will kill me. affraid

Rich
rsyb
rsyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm

I think the current 24" kids bikes offer a pretty promising base for conversion. I set mine up with 650c wheels and it seems like a real good seating position and is fast. My only concern is for those with long legs. I think you have to run the telescoping top tube (TFT) out too far. But, it's marginal for me and I do have long legs. Here's a picture of that bike:

Cruzbike Conversion Kits - Page 2 IMG_1150

I also had mine set up on a cheap Pacific mountain bike frame and while a little heavy, it was a nice rider.

Cruzbike Conversion Kits - Page 2 IMG_0932

The seat was a little bit higher than I really wanted and I could never get the recline and the nose of the seat just right. Otherwise, it was a hoot to ride and the mountain bike suspension really made for a nice ride.

Mostly look for your frame. Chances are, the components will be throw-away. I guess it doesn't hurt to build it with what comes on it, you can easily upgrade later. I bought the mtb frame from a Craigslist dealer that bought bikes from police auction. It was incomplete, had a 24" fork/wheel on the front and had obviously been beaten badly in it's previous life. I already had parts for the build, so I stripped all the junk parts off of it and put them directly in the dumpster.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by teacherbill Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Saw an image of a different location for the handlebar on a Freerider, it was down near the crank. Do you know of any advantage(s) to having the connection place near the crank? I plan on investigating this placement on my mongoose conversion but wanted any personal experiences to go by before I start the conversion of my conversion.
teacherbill
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by I.M.Bent Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 pm

I am unclear on this matter: Is this a con-version or a per-version? Or maybe you just can't resist being part of Team Wal-Mart, with a little designer flair.

I.M.Bent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by teacherbill Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:51 am

I.M.Bent wrote:I am unclear on this matter: Is this a con-version or a per-version? Or maybe you just can't resist being part of Team Wal-Mart, with a little designer flair.

Perversion of a conversion is the correct analysis of the question. Smile
teacherbill
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2