Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacchetta 700c

3 posters

Go down

Bacchetta 700c Empty Bacchetta 700c

Post by Admin Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Was wondering if anyone else was riding any type of conversion. Question
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Bacchetta 700c Empty conversion?

Post by funeasyracer Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:30 pm

What do you mean by "conversion". I've just purchased the Corsa Dual 24.

funeasyracer

Male

Back to top Go down

Bacchetta 700c Empty Re: Bacchetta 700c

Post by Admin Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 pm

funeasyracer wrote:What do you mean by "conversion". I've just purchased the Corsa Dual 24.

Like you when I purchased my Strada it was a Dual 26 actually had 559s and I converted it to 700c. It took the replacement of the Avid rear brakes with Pauls Moto brakes Bacchetta 700c Moto10and the Kenisis Aluminum fork with a Kestral Carbon forkBacchetta 700c Kestra12with the 700c tires I think you have more options. I gained about three mph cruising Speed and about the same on top end.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Your 700c conversion looks really nice, good job!

The one thing I didn't like about my Strada was the distance to the ground. I felt like I was doing the splits at stop lights; one foot on the pedal and one foot on the ground. How much did 700c wheels raise your seat? I'd guess only about half an inch, or so, but still....

I agree that 700s roll better and there is a better selection of tires.

I have a conversion, as well. It used to be an el cheapo mountain bike. Now, it's a Cruzbike and has quality components on it.

Bacchetta 700c IMG_0932

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:36 pm

R42Pilot wrote:Your 700c conversion looks really nice, good job!

The one thing I didn't like about my Strada was the distance to the ground. I felt like I was doing the splits at stop lights; one foot on the pedal and one foot on the ground. How much did 700c wheels raise your seat? I'd guess only about half an inch, or so, but still....

I agree that 700s roll better and there is a better selection of tires.

I have a conversion, as well. It used to be an el cheapo mountain bike. Now, it's a Cruzbike and has quality components on it.

Bacchetta 700c IMG_0932

Mark

The seat height on the New Stradas is 24.5 inches and that's with the 650 wheels. With the 559s that came on the 2005 the seat was about 23 inches and after the conversion to the 700c my seat height is real close to 26.5 so I gained a little better than 3 inches in height. That's why I said on my blog if you have short legs it may be something you want to think about before you proceed with the conversion.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Admin wrote: That's why I said on my blog if you have short legs it may be something you want to think about before you proceed with the conversion.

That, or some SPD compatible elevator shoes! Laughing

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm

FWIW, the conversion kit I have on the mountain bike frame is getting ready to take on a new life. I have another frame I'm going to switch it over to. It will be a rigid frame, but hopefully a little sportier. I will post pics when I get the project done.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down