Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kucharik Recumbent Clothing

+4
rsyb
rydabyk
rddy
R42Pilot
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kucharik Recumbent Clothing Empty Kucharik Recumbent Clothing

Post by R42Pilot Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 pm

I know that many of you avoid regular cycling wear and while I respect that position, I happen to be one that prefers it.

Every year at the Redlands Classic, Kucharik clothing has a booth. I remember during my brief trip back to the dark side (DF bikes), they had recumbent jerseys in their booth. Since going back to recumbents, I have asked every year and they always offered some excuse or other why they didn't bring recumbent stuff. This year was different; they finally brought some recumbent stuff and while my Cruzbike works OK with regular cycling jerseys, I felt obliged to buy and try a recumbent jersey.

During my initial trial with the jersey, I was reasonably happy with the pockets on the front. Things were handy to get to, the pockets were of reasonable size and depth to hold a jacket, arm warmers and a few snacks. As a person that has worked hard to lose weight, it was a little disconcerting to look down and see these bulges around my midsection, but there was a purpose.

I did notice that as the day heated up, I could tell that my belly was getting warm spots where the stuff was. No worse than on your back, I suppose, just different, so I noticed it more.

Overall, I was pleased with the jersey and will use it pretty regular.

Here's the LINK to their website if you're interested.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Kucharik Recumbent Clothing Empty Re: Kucharik Recumbent Clothing

Post by rddy Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:13 pm

I use there shorts, have for a few years. Good Recumbent clothes are hard to find especially at a good price. Smile
rddy
rddy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:39 am

rddy wrote:I use there shorts, have for a few years. Good Recumbent clothes are hard to find especially at a good price. Smile

I looked at the shorts and they didn't impress me much. I like their regular shorts, but those recumbents shorts didn't do anything for me. The jersey is cool, though!

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:22 pm

R42Pilot wrote:
rddy wrote:I use there shorts, have for a few years. Good Recumbent clothes are hard to find especially at a good price. Smile

I looked at the shorts and they didn't impress me much. I like their regular shorts, but those recumbents shorts didn't do anything for me. The jersey is cool, though!

Mark

I guess I'm outa touch or maybe just fat but I still like the baggy stuff.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:52 pm

rydabyk wrote:
R42Pilot wrote:

Mark

Walt

I'm probably the one that's out of touch. I fancy myself a performance oriented rider and real or imagined, I believe the compression offered by cycling shorts is a real plus. I just don't feel the same when I jump on my bike for a quick trip downtown, or around the block with regular shorts on. Like I said, it could all be my imagination, but I believe it helps.

I also believe the space aliens will be coming back soon to reveal to us the meaning of life. We will learn that our entire civilization is nothing more than the science experiment of some ancient space lizard kid and he only got a C+, so we get dumped and the giant lizards that once lived here will be re-established. Of course, before we are destroyed by the aliens, we will learned it was them that built the pyramids, Stonehenge and gave us the technology to put the gooey stuff inside a Fig Newton cookie.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rsyb Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Walt wrote:

Walt

Like R42Pilot I too may be the one out of touch, but I know nothing of space lizards!! affraid

I do ride for fitness/performance. Being an ex-roadie, I gave up the old DF because my body couldn't stand hours
on that tiny little saddle and carpal tunnel in my wrists. The recumbent gave me the alternative position, but my
brain is still in roadie mode!

In addition, I don't like the parachute effect. I have also had the mythical experience of a bee up the pant leg.
Not pleasant I assure you.

R42Pilot - I like the concept of the jersey with pockets in the front. The version on Kucharik's site worries me a little
though. Pack too much into the pockets and I'm afraid it will look like I have a severe case of moobs! Laughing

Bachetta's X Pocket Jersey looks like a good option though.

Price is good on Kucharik's bib shorts too.

Rich
rsyb
rsyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:15 pm

I think any way you go with the front pocket, you're going to look like a chub. The Kucharik pocket is high enough, though, that it looks like a pocket, not a roll of blubber. Still... It's disconcerting to look down there and see that. My roadie friend really liked the jersey. He thought he might like one for keeping snacks and stuff handy as you ride.

+1 on the brain still being wired in roadie mode.

I only hope when we get flushed down the galactic toilet, it doesn't hurt much. Wink

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:31 pm

Of course, before we are destroyed by the aliens, we will learned it was them that built the pyramids, Stonehenge and gave us the technology to put the gooey stuff inside a Fig Newton cookie.

Mark

I don't care a whole lot about the mysteries of the pyramids or stonehenge, but if they truly were responsible for the Fig Newton they are forever in my debt.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:34 pm

One of the things that bothers me about genuine cycling shorts, and I will freely admit it is a psychological barrier, is the fact that to wear them properly you have to go Commando.

I hate going Commando, it brings back memories of a previous life which I'd just as soon not dredge up. Evil or Very Mad

crash
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:38 pm

BluesCat wrote:One of the things that bothers me about genuine cycling shorts, and I will freely admit it is a psychological barrier, is the fact that to wear them properly you have to go Commando.

I hate going Commando, it brings back memories of a previous life which I'd just as soon not dredge up. Evil or Very Mad

crash

I'm there with you and that was a barrier I had to overcome... It just ain't natural. Shocked But, now I never give it a thought, though I do find it sort of disconcerting to walk through a restaurant, or something. On the bike, I never even think about it.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by teacherbill Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:50 pm

BluesCat wrote:One of the things that bothers me about genuine cycling shorts, and I will freely admit it is a psychological barrier, is the fact that to wear them properly you have to go Commando.

crash

I ride with a pair of compression shorts under my "padded" biking shorts. On the outside I wear a set of bathing suit trunks. Got caught during the earlier part of the week without my bathing suit trunks and I definitely was self conscious going into the mini-market for a drink. But hey, I am an old man, what harm could I cause, I am sit riding a wedgie, but not for long, maybe after re-cooperation ..... Very Happy
teacherbill
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:38 pm

teacherbill wrote:

I ride with a pair of compression shorts under my "padded" biking shorts. On the outside I wear a set of bathing suit trunks. Got caught during the earlier part of the week without my bathing suit trunks and I definitely was self conscious going into the mini-market for a drink. But hey, I am an old man, what harm could I cause, I am sit riding a wedgie, but not for long, maybe after re-cooperation ..... Very Happy

Arrgh! Yeah!

I have this vision of me wearing a pair of genuine cycling shorts, going into a mini-market, bending over to get an Arizona ice tea out of the bottom shelf of the cooler, and hearing a decidedly masculine voice behind me saying "Say, hey, fella ... nice ... bike." What a Face

Ew! The sound of my butt cheeks slamming together would be like a clap of thunder! Time out
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm

BluesCat wrote:
teacherbill wrote:

Arrgh! Yeah!

I have this vision of me wearing a pair of genuine cycling shorts, going into a mini-market, bending over to get an Arizona ice tea out of the bottom shelf of the cooler, and hearing a decidedly masculine voice behind me saying "Say, hey, fella ... nice ... bike." What a Face

Ew! The sound of my butt cheeks slamming together would be like a clap of thunder! Time out

I don't know.... The older I get, the less choosy I am where I get my compliments. You just say "thank you" Embarassed and move on. Just because he appreciates your.....bike.... doesn't mean he wants to ride it. rolling on the floor

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:31 pm

I don't know.... The older I get, the less choosy I am where I get my compliments. You just say "thank you" Embarassed and move on. Just because he appreciates your.....bike.... doesn't mean he wants to ride it. rolling on the floor

Mark

Is Redlands a suburb of San Francisco Embarassed ?

Walt...we sure do need a "ducking" emoticon...
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:46 pm

R42Pilot wrote:

Mark

Double "Ew!" affraid The thing I'm afraid of is just how FAR his "appreciation" will go! Will he tell all his FRIENDS?
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:48 pm

rydabyk wrote:

Mark

Is Redlands a suburb of San Francisco Embarassed ?

Walt...we sure do need a "ducking" emoticon...

No, we're a good ways away from SF, but I'm sure we have our fair share of poofters. No offense to any poofters on board, here.

You know.... The neat thing about spandex and cycling is; even homely women look good from behind. Twisted Evil Wouldn't want to wake up looking at that in the morning, but from behind, it ain't bad! Where IS that ducking emoticon! Cool

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 pm

You know.... The neat thing about spandex and cycling is; even homely women look good from behind. Twisted Evil Wouldn't want to wake up looking at that in the morning, but from behind, it ain't bad! Where IS that ducking emoticon! Cool

Mark

Now they have three good friends, spandex, cycling and distance. I couldn't begin to count the number that look good from a distance Twisted Evil. Of course I'm sure all of us FOG's think we look like Paul Newman!

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by teacherbill Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Now they have three good friends, spandex, cycling and distance. I couldn't begin to count the number that look good from a distance Twisted Evil. Of course I'm sure all of us FOG's think we look like Paul Newman!

Walt[/quote]

I hope that I don't look like Paul Newman, I think he is dead..... Just a minor point, but that is the way my mind works. What I like is to cruise up to a rolled down window at a stop light, look over and do the "cable tv nod" that all the users of products have. Of course I wear my mirrored sunglasses at all times, even at dusk to help keep the bugs out of the contacts. I would picture we FOGs as a kicked back looking "James Dean" of the 50s just smerking (sp) at the young lasses, that are probably our age. Rolling Eyes
teacherbill
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:41 pm

rydabyk wrote:

Mark

Walt

No, I think I'm more your Wilford Brimley

Kucharik Recumbent Clothing C57
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Racer46 Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:15 pm

I have no illusions as to what I look like on a bike. If I ever do someone will surely post a picture they took of me on a ride (like someone did this morning on another board) and I'm back to reality.
Racer46
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by teacherbill Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Pete did you ride on the Weikivva Seminole Trail ride? If so which one is you? speedy

Orange shirt Question Question scratch
teacherbill
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:12 pm

No, I think I'm more your Wilford Brimley

Kucharik Recumbent Clothing C57

Yer killin' me...I love it laughing beer chug

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:04 am

Hey, like I said before, all the women in the neighborhood say I look like this guy:

Kucharik Recumbent Clothing Indiana_Jones_in_Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark

Don't know what all the fuss is about.
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Racer46 Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:04 am

teacherbill wrote:Pete did you ride on the Weikivva Seminole Trail ride? If so which one is you? speedy

Orange shirt Question Question scratch

I tried to post the image but I'm having trouble, I think I can post the link: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_08j3vKKDY4o/Sd-teZfSGBI/AAAAAAAAAXA/j7rgtJ6CONE/s800/IMG_

Now I've just blown everybody's studly image of me.

Were you there?
Racer46
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:27 am

Naw, Pete.

The forum is all about bikes. The guy with the whip probably doesn't even know how to ride! (Used a body double for everything.)

Cool

speedy
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next