Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colonial Parkway

3 posters

Go down

Colonial Parkway Empty Colonial Parkway

Post by rydabyk Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 pm

If you enjoy rides seeped in history then you don't want to miss the Colonial Parkway http://www.nps.gov/colo/parkway.htm in Virginia. This is another scenic drive that is closed to commercial traffic and traverses an area rich in American History. From Colonial Jamestown with the three ships Discovery, Godspeed and Susan Constant to the Battlefield at Yorktown http://www.nps.gov/york/ This whole area is a very special place.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Colonial Parkway Empty Re: Colonial Parkway

Post by Nightturkey Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:56 pm

I definitely second that motion! I lived in Newport News, VA for several years, and I know from much first-hand experience that the Colonial Parkway is not only a nicely scenic, easy ride, it is about as history-rich as any ride you'll find.
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Nightturkey,

Add lunch at the Yorktown Pub down by the river and you never want the day to end! Very Happy

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightturkey Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 pm

You betcha! Or, if you go the other way, take the Jamestown ferry over to Surry and have a bowl of peanut soup at the Surry House!
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Colonial Parkway Empty Va. Capital Trail. too...

Post by Hardtailcruzer Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Which now connects to the Colonial Parkway, is excellent. My wife and I rode this one Saturday last summer. Makes a great day ride and you can follow it into Williamsburg proper. Mostly level and very quiet on a Saturday morning...

Hardtailcruzer

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabyk Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Hardtailcruzer wrote:Which now connects to the Colonial Parkway, is excellent. My wife and I rode this one Saturday last summer. Makes a great day ride and you can follow it into Williamsburg proper. Mostly level and very quiet on a Saturday morning...

I've never ridden any of the paved trails around DC, but I do want to. A friend of mine is getting stationed up in Bethesda in May and I'm planning on a visit this fall to check them out. I'm looking forward to it.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum