Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First post.

4 posters

Go down

First post. Empty First post.

Post by Nightturkey Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:25 pm

woo-hoo, I'm first! Kinda feels like the first scoop of ice cream out of a new carton, or the first peanut butter out of the jar. Anyway, I've had some e-mail contact with the ActionBent guys, and as soon as my Uncle Sam gives back that extra tax money he's been holding for me this past year I'm going to send a wad of it their way and see what happens. If the experience is anything like the positive experience I've had via e-mail, I shall be lavish with my praises, and I shall be highly detailed about my experiences with both the company and the machinery therefrom. Oh - and Mr. Administrator, I'll gladly moderate this forum thread once both I and it get rolling.
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

First post. Empty Re: First post.

Post by Racer46 Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 pm

O.K. so what are you getting?
Racer46
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightturkey Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm planning to purchase a trike. Which one exactly, I don't know for sure, most likely not the 81-speed model. No hills around here that need that many speeds.
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Nightturkey wrote:woo-hoo, I'm first! Kinda feels like the first scoop of ice cream out of a new carton, or the first peanut butter out of the jar. Anyway, I've had some e-mail contact with the ActionBent guys, and as soon as my Uncle Sam gives back that extra tax money he's been holding for me this past year I'm going to send a wad of it their way and see what happens. If the experience is anything like the positive experience I've had via e-mail, I shall be lavish with my praises, and I shall be highly detailed about my experiences with both the company and the machinery therefrom. Oh - and Mr. Administrator, I'll gladly moderate this forum thread once both I and it get rolling.

Your WISH is my Command. Very Happy Mr.Moderator
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightturkey Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:56 pm

"Be careful what you wish for", they tell me... oh well. In any event, it seems this company is filling a niche that exists in the recumbent community - those of us who would really like to ride a recumbent but whose wallets don't speak Bacchetta, Greenspeed or Hase, and even stutter a bit with Rans and Sun. I'm not disparaging any of those brands, all I'm saying is on my budget right now there's just no way - thus the attraction to companies like ActionBent.
So here we are, waiting for that brown envelope from Washington D.C.. I'll be certain to keep y'all fully informed of how things go, however that may be.
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 pm

I think the AB would be a good bike for me because I do like to Tinker and at times I've really looked close. You talked about the AB filling the niche for those who don't speak Bacchetta Greenspeed or Hase, they also are for those who are smart enough not to spend a fortune on a hobby. Probably In reality one doesn't go any faster or ride any better than the other.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:08 am

I don't think the frames will win any awards for stiffness, or lightweights, but as long as they are serviceable, who cares?

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:22 am

There trikes are definitely not light weights at between 38 and 42 lbs but most trikes aren't and you'll most likely find that the welds aren't pretty either but those are just some of the reasons why they cost less.
I was just checking the AB site and I see there choices in bents and trikes has broadened and I also see there prices have gone up somewhat.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:46 am

Yeah, that happened last year (the prices). They cranked them up a little and probably rightfully so.. They were quite a bit below the market, before. They're still pretty reasonable.

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightturkey Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:10 am

Well, the price of EVERYTHING has gone up (and keeps going up), so they're not doing anything out of the ordinary.
Nightturkey
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:33 pm

Yea this whole price thing is getting to the point of being Ridiculous on everything.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:03 pm

The only affordable stuff is crap foods.. Anything decent is sky-high. I thought I was so past the Ramen noodles stage of my life. Crying or Very sad

Mark
R42Pilot
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down