Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fountain of youth

2 posters

Go down

Fountain of youth Empty Fountain of youth

Post by rydabent Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:05 pm

I know that many things enter into it, but good health in old age is great.  A person first of all must have good genes.  Then doing most things in moderation prevents a persons general health from declining.

The point I would like to make here is that I really feel my recumbent bike and trike are my fountain of youth.  They keep a person in good physical condition.  Granted I benefit from the things and conditions in the first paragraph, but the continual riding I do I feel keeps me going and in good shape.  I just turned 77, ride about 30 miles every other day in the summer time.  The result of that is that I can do pretty much anything I want to.

Yes,  I really do think my bike and trike is my Fountain of youth.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Fountain of youth Empty Re: Fountain of youth

Post by rydabent Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:46 pm

I still feel that what I posted a year ago is true.  Last summer I attended my 60 year class reunion.  I was basically shocked to see the shape and condition of the members of my class.  Only about a forth of the class could attend due to physical condition of the others.  Granted I am blessed with good health, but I still feel that my cycling contributes a great deal to this.   As I have said before if you retire and set, you will rust.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Fountain of youth Empty Only a Fountain of Youth AND BEER would be better!

Post by BluesCat Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Totally agree, Rydabent.

I'm a youngster, I turn 67 in April.

I have been remiss in my commuting to work, mostly because my company has opened up another office in Tucson (I'm based in Phoenix) and I've had to drive around a lot this last year.

I have managed to get out on my 'bent for a couple of decent rides here lately. And I am always surprised at how sharpened I am, both mentally and physically, after a vigorous ride up and down what we laughingly call "hills" here in Phoenix.

The other IT guy here is retiring in a few months, and I believe they plan on getting a couple of REAL youngsters in to take care of the satellite offices. That means I should be able to get back to riding to work a few days each week.

Happy New Year, Rydabent ... and anybody else still checking in here!
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Fountain of youth Empty Re: Fountain of youth

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum