Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Waterfront Trail

2 posters

Go down

Great Waterfront Trail  Empty Great Waterfront Trail

Post by DebGem Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Time to start another thread about a supported ride in Ontario, Canada. Last year we did this ride, a total of about 800km over 8 days, along the shores of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. http://www.waterfronttrail.org/gwta_web/

It was lovely to pass thru the various communities along the way, stopping to see shops, savour local foods and then to spend our nights camping as a group or at a B&B. The support vehicles took our gear from each overnite location to the next one. There were rest stops along the way with drinks and fruit, etc and the meals for supper depended on what each community had to offer. My favourite dinner was a full BBQ dinner, another was an Elvis themed dinner with a performer, each night unique. There were plenty of volunteer riders to assist us along the route and to call in support vehicles for equipment failures or emergencies. The ride even had professional massage therapists, a 15 minute freebie, most nights. There is a detailed route map book that can be purchased if you just want to do sections of it on your own. The trails and roads were paved and most roads were low volume traffic but of course there were exceptions near populated areas, but most hada paved side for cyclists.[img][/url]

Ok, I tried to add a few pics but am once again floundering, I need details on how to do it.

DebGem
DebGem
DebGem

Female

Back to top Go down

Great Waterfront Trail  Empty Re: Great Waterfront Trail

Post by rydabyk Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:55 pm

This looks like a really nice ride.

Walt
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male