Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Trails Day -- Bike Ride on the Nature Coast State Trail

2 posters

Go down

National Trails Day -- Bike Ride on the Nature Coast State Trail Empty National Trails Day -- Bike Ride on the Nature Coast State Trail

Post by teacherbill Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 am

Celebrate "National Trails Day�" on June 6, 2009 with a fun, open, low-key ride on the smoothly paved Nature Coast State Trail! Ride options range from a few miles for beginners up to 64 miles for experienced cyclists. The historic railroad bridge that crosses the Suwannee River near Old Town is a favorite option (about 12 miles from Trenton) and the rural landscape along the trail offers a peaceful experience for family ride groups. Please note that Florida law requires helmets for children age 16 and under; all cyclists are encouraged to wear helmets. The ride starts at 9:00 am at the Old Train Depot, 419 North Main Street, Trenton, Florida (25 miles west of Gainesville on SR 26).

Trail Info can be found at:

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/crossflorida/trails/nature_coast_trail%20.htm

recum
teacherbill
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

National Trails Day -- Bike Ride on the Nature Coast State Trail Empty Re: National Trails Day -- Bike Ride on the Nature Coast State Trail

Post by Racer46 Tue May 12, 2009 12:53 am

I'm still thinking about this one. I'd have to leave very early in the morning to make the 9 am start. I don't want to spend the night.
Racer46
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down