scratching the itch - Albany

View previous topic View next topic Go down

scratching the itch - Albany

Post by adcarson on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:50 pm

This is a new concept, just born today. I wrote in the other forum, and on a blog, about the urge to tour. I have the freedom right now (layoff), no one is buying my time. I have had the impulse for years - just get out, GO, tour, carry your gear, and see how far you can go. We all share the continental dream, so few actually get to do it.

I was writing to a treasured friend in Albany today, and the light went off. Why not? Milwaukee, survive the urban megapolis (Chicago), and head east. Across Indiana, along Lake Erie, south of Cleveland, north of Akron, and head over to Albany. It's about 900 miles east, maybe a good two weeks ride. Why not? I haven't seen Andi in way too long!

Maybe even come back, make it a loop. Go to Buffalo, go north across the two lakes, come home across Michigan (I got friends in Michigan), and zip home on the ferry from Muskegon.

Four weeks of riding bliss. Everyone deserves such a trip. Today, it is raining in Milwaukee. I am studying maps, seeking the lore of the ride. Checking for Warm Showers hosts.

It ** could ** work!

If you are between one and the other, or know the best routes in some portion between here and there, please feel free to comment, or even write me. I am going to think this through for a bit......
adcarson

Male

Back to top Go down

Re: scratching the itch - Albany

Post by Racer46 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Sorry I can't help as I'm closer to the Folrida trip you spoke of on your other thread. I thin you should go for it. I'm already planning my trip if my contract doesn't get picked up after 2010. Right now I'm leaning towards a coast ot coast trip on the southern route.
Racer46
Recumbent Cyclist
Recumbent Cyclist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:26 pm

In 2003, my previous employer showed me the door with a 19 week severance package. My son and I ended up doing a touring ride; 1300 miles from Eugene OR to Yelowstone Park. We had a great time, I would do it again in a heartbeat. The best part was, I had a position waiting for me when I arrived home.

Mark
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top