Again Finally

Go down

Again Finally

Post by teacherbill on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Just returned home, took care of honey-doozes (I know it isn't, dues.) taking the lawn mower back to the other house and maybe I will be able to ride before sundown. It has been a long day. Floral City and back, but I think worth it. Mongoose Switchback Conversion. The "Heavy Huffy" from Pete was a steel beast, the Mongoose is aluminum setup with 700c x 23s. It is light as a feather, if you don't weight the conversion end. This evening I will be changing out the air-filled tires for the airless 700c x 20TT that I had on my OCR. Add a head light and after listening to Regis and another put a flag-holder on the back end. Instead of a plastic triangle I will use a foot long construction streamer that will be flapping in the wind as I travel along. This should get people's attention as they come up from behind me on this "new-type" of bike in the neighborhood. Very Happy Can you tell I am excited?? Almost like a kid that did not get caught with his hand in the cookie jar..... Gotta go and finish before --------------

Mongoose Cruzbike Conversion
recumbent trainer in front of a computer playback system for "dark" training
Giant OCR2

"Pain is only temporary, quitting is forever." Lance Armstrong
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Again Finally

Post by teacherbill on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:04 am

Ok, after the modifications of my own, seat, boom, trying to adjust the d-thing. I have concluded that I will take it to my bike shop to have them go over it with a fine toothed comb. I call it do the nuts and bolts routine, I had to do that when I worked for a short time in a motor cycle shop putting together Yamahas after school when I taught in Delaware. I figure they know, or hope to know what to look for from a LBS perspective rather than me looking at it as a "no holds bar" type of adventure and forget something very important, as adjusting the brakes......

Anyway, I had a bit of fun as I caught a bunch of guys going around the block, stayed behind for a bit, stayed at the same rpm, but then shifted from low drive gear (1) and mid-sprocket to the same drive gear but the smallest cassette. I now have to wear a neck brace at church tomorrow ......

Mongoose Cruzbike Conversion
recumbent trainer in front of a computer playback system for "dark" training
Giant OCR2

"Pain is only temporary, quitting is forever." Lance Armstrong
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down