Again Finally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Again Finally

Post by teacherbill on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Just returned home, took care of honey-doozes (I know it isn't, dues.) taking the lawn mower back to the other house and maybe I will be able to ride before sundown. It has been a long day. Floral City and back, but I think worth it. Mongoose Switchback Conversion. The "Heavy Huffy" from Pete was a steel beast, the Mongoose is aluminum setup with 700c x 23s. It is light as a feather, if you don't weight the conversion end. This evening I will be changing out the air-filled tires for the airless 700c x 20TT that I had on my OCR. Add a head light and after listening to Regis and another put a flag-holder on the back end. Instead of a plastic triangle I will use a foot long construction streamer that will be flapping in the wind as I travel along. This should get people's attention as they come up from behind me on this "new-type" of bike in the neighborhood. Very Happy Can you tell I am excited?? Almost like a kid that did not get caught with his hand in the cookie jar..... Gotta go and finish before --------------

Mongoose Cruzbike Conversion
recumbent trainer in front of a computer playback system for "dark" training
Giant OCR2

"Pain is only temporary, quitting is forever." Lance Armstrong
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Again Finally

Post by teacherbill on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:04 am

Ok, after the modifications of my own, seat, boom, trying to adjust the d-thing. I have concluded that I will take it to my bike shop to have them go over it with a fine toothed comb. I call it do the nuts and bolts routine, I had to do that when I worked for a short time in a motor cycle shop putting together Yamahas after school when I taught in Delaware. I figure they know, or hope to know what to look for from a LBS perspective rather than me looking at it as a "no holds bar" type of adventure and forget something very important, as adjusting the brakes......

Anyway, I had a bit of fun as I caught a bunch of guys going around the block, stayed behind for a bit, stayed at the same rpm, but then shifted from low drive gear (1) and mid-sprocket to the same drive gear but the smallest cassette. I now have to wear a neck brace at church tomorrow ......

Mongoose Cruzbike Conversion
recumbent trainer in front of a computer playback system for "dark" training
Giant OCR2

"Pain is only temporary, quitting is forever." Lance Armstrong
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top