Kucharik Recumbent Clothing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kucharik Recumbent Clothing

Post by teacherbill on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:13 am

Were you there?[/quote]

No I just try to keep up with all of the recumbent groups in Florida. I did my ride solo as per usual from Sebastian down to the South end of Vero Beach. Had a head wind the entire trip south, but the tail wind heading home was worth it. Temperature was near 70-75.

Earlier in the week the family and I were in Clermont. I was riding around the park. 12 mile loops, did not drive me nuts but the wind and cold weather played fits with all parts of the body. Started posting my mileage on BikeJournal.

On a different note, things are looking more and more positive concerning our getting together Monday. Have you worked on the gear changer?

Will have to dig up the address and put it on a map so that I will not get too lost finding my way around Orlando.

After I get home I will try and put one of my many computers on the conversion and start racking up some recumbent miles. Maybe my shoulder (baseball throwing arm) will not become stiff and sore as it does on many occasions. Only time will tell. thumbs up

Mongoose Cruzbike Conversion
recumbent trainer in front of a computer playback system for "dark" training
Giant OCR2

"Pain is only temporary, quitting is forever." Lance Armstrong
teacherbill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by richard on Wed May 27, 2009 2:33 pm

The greatest thing about recumbents is comfort. Therefore I still prefer just a regular T-shirt and sweat shorts for their comfort. Second, there is no real reason to have to buy expensive stuff to ride a bent.

But-----------if you prefer the pricey stuff, and it turns your crank, far be it from me-----------

richard
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot on Wed May 27, 2009 5:28 pm

richard wrote:The greatest thing about recumbents is comfort. Therefore I still prefer just a regular T-shirt and sweat shorts for their comfort. Second, there is no real reason to have to buy expensive stuff to ride a bent.

But-----------if you prefer the pricey stuff, and it turns your crank, far be it from me-----------

You don't have many bees there in Lincoln, do you? That's the last thing I want flying up the leg of my britches! Shocked I caught one in the lip Monday, doing about 40 mph coming down a big hill. They're pretty bad around here, especially when stuff is blooming, like right NOW! Plus, I like the compression cycling shorts provide.

T-shirts don't cut the mustard for wicking away sweat. They get sweaty and stay sweaty. Now, there are t-shirts made from the same wicking material that are fairly reasonable, but they have no pockets.

If I'm just putzing around, or going down the street for something, then yeah.... I'll wear what I'm wearing. But for long rides and training rides.....

I respect your opinion, you're certainly entitled to it, but I'll stick to cycling wear.

Mark
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top