Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catrike Speed / Burley Nomad

4 posters

Go down

Catrike Speed / Burley Nomad Empty Catrike Speed / Burley Nomad

Post by Admin Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Catrike Speed / Burley Nomad Catrik10

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Catrike Speed / Burley Nomad Empty Re: Catrike Speed / Burley Nomad

Post by tricerider Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:43 pm

Great looking combo...How does it ride?
tricerider
tricerider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 am

Rides Great and the Nomad tracks well and pulls light, use it to buy Groceries, the Nomad will hold 100lbs. I also attach it to the Tandem. The Catrike trike runs 16 / 349mm in the front and a 451 in the rear all hold 120lbs pressure. You have the Trice right?

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tricerider Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 am

Admin wrote:Rides Great and the Nomad tracks well and pulls light, use it to buy Groceries, the Nomad will hold 100lbs. I also attach it to the Tandem. The Catrike trike runs 16 / 349mm in the front and a 20" in the rear all hold 120lbs pressure. You have the Trice right?
Not sure my trike is actually a Trice. It is made by ICE in Falmouth, but unlike their current machines it does not carry the Trice badge. Other than that, I believe it's just the same...
tricerider
tricerider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirk Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:03 pm

I've been considering a BOB Ibex for my Cat Expedition. Any thoughts on that combo?
Kirk
Kirk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Kirk wrote:I've been considering a BOB Ibex for my Cat Expedition. Any thoughts on that combo?

I myself didn't care for that style not that there's anything wrong with the Bob. I chose the Nomad because it was a little lighter and held 100lbs. I use mine for going to the grocery store and the occasional weekend ride with the Tandem and I needed all the room I can get. Depending on your location it could have a bearing on a decision also, I'm in Florida so fabric for me was not an issue. if I were in the North country and in the snow the Bob would probably be a better choice because of its design. I think you just have too consider all the factors involved for you and make the decision that suits you best.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Catrike Speed / Burley Nomad Empty Nomad

Post by mtwnrocket Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:47 am

I pulled my Burley Nomad behind my RANS Rocket all across Missouri on the KATY trail along with a friend pulling his BOB trailer behind his V-Rex. Both worked flawlessly. The two wheels on the Nomad make it a bit smoother and more stable ride. But the removeable BOB bag is nice, too.

On a trike with a Nomad you have the potential of 5 different trail tracks. Then if two of you ride together it makes the riders following far behind wonder how far ahead that "group of ten riders" must be?

Dave

mtwnrocket

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down