Vision R40 w/hardshell seat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vision R40 w/hardshell seat

Post by "A" on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Still a work in progress with the rear rack arrangement, but the hardshell seat offer narrow profile, eccential for inner city traffic.

"A"

Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Vision R40 w/hardshell seat

Post by Nightturkey on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 pm

Sweet-looking ride there, bro.
Nightturkey
Actionbent Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:45 am

I miss my R42. Great bike, reasonably fast.... Sigh.

Mark
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by "A" on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:23 pm

R42Pilot wrote:I miss my R42. Great bike, reasonably fast.... Sigh.

Mark

How fast you travel is mostly depended on your "engine", not so much the bike.
I keep up with my local roadies on group rides, usually averaging 16-17 mph over 2 hour ride near Valley Forge National Park area, not exactly "flat" in terrain.

Most roadies "attack" at the base of a hill and "run out of puff" along the way, because they can not sustain the burst of speed as they get out of saddle. I usually ride up to them and make sure they notice me along them while I give them a subtle, yet noticable, sustained push while riding up the hill, not to increase their speed, but enought push for the suffering rider to take it easy for 10-15 pedal strokes; that's far more friendlier than blowing pass them huffing and puffing.. usually that generate enough amazement that they start to change their minds about having a recumbent rider along in their group ride.

On the flats, I always start in the back of the line.. as riders peel off the front to go to the backend, I usually ask them if they want to go ahead of me or draft behind me, usually they are breathing too fast to give a clear responce, by the time I moved to the front of the paceline, most of them have pretty tired legs, I usually keep the pace for 50 pedal strokes then increase the pace up to 26+ mph over the distance of a 3/4 mile.. that usually is enough to make the group wonder what kind of performance enhencement drug I'm taking. Most of the time I don't get a comment, but once in a while I get a "nice pull", that's when I know that I've been accepted to ride with the group and made some friends of roadies on my recumbent.
"A"

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by R42Pilot on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 pm

"A" wrote:
R42Pilot wrote:I miss my R42. Great bike, reasonably fast.... Sigh.

Mark

How fast you travel is mostly depended on your "engine", not so much the bike.
I keep up with my local roadies on group rides, usually averaging 16-17 mph over 2 hour ride near Valley Forge National Park area, not exactly "flat" in terrain.

I rode mine with a roadie club and had basically the same experience as you. I still ride with a roadie club.

Mark
R42Pilot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rsyb on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:24 pm

nice mod with the hardshell seat!

mine has uss and is in lwb mode right now. switch it around once in a while just for grins.
rsyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top