Recumbent Riders Social Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leading off the LWB section with the FIRST post!

+8
richard
Admin
rydabyk
BikerDanSC
Racer46
threefingerjoe
R42Pilot
Dano
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leading off the LWB section with the FIRST post! - Page 2 Empty Re: Leading off the LWB section with the FIRST post!

Post by rydabent Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:50 pm

I now have 8000 miles on my Rans Stratus LE in just 3 years. It has been flawless. All it has needed is regular maintence. The handling is excellent. I can ride it as slow as 3mph waiting for a lite, and have had it up in the mid 40s on the down hills. It is just plain easy to ride, and would be a great first bent for anyone. It is capable of almost any type of cycling that you would want it for. It is great for riding around town on bike paths, and people have ridden it on cross country trips. I continue to feel it is the greatest bang for the buck bent on the market.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Leading off the LWB section with the FIRST post! - Page 2 Empty Re: Leading off the LWB section with the FIRST post!

Post by rydabyk Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:26 pm

rydabent wrote:I now have 8000 miles on my Rans Stratus LE in just 3 years. It has been flawless. All it has needed is regular maintence. The handling is excellent. I can ride it as slow as 3mph waiting for a lite, and have had it up in the mid 40s on the down hills. It is just plain easy to ride, and would be a great first bent for anyone. It is capable of almost any type of cycling that you would want it for. It is great for riding around town on bike paths, and people have ridden it on cross country trips. I continue to feel it is the greatest bang for the buck bent on the market.

You know I had one of those and there are times that I'm sad I sold it. If it just wasn't such a PITA to transport!
rydabyk
rydabyk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

rydabyk wrote:
rydabent wrote:I now have 8000 miles on my Rans Stratus LE in just 3 years. It has been flawless. All it has needed is regular maintence. The handling is excellent. I can ride it as slow as 3mph waiting for a lite, and have had it up in the mid 40s on the down hills. It is just plain easy to ride, and would be a great first bent for anyone. It is capable of almost any type of cycling that you would want it for. It is great for riding around town on bike paths, and people have ridden it on cross country trips. I continue to feel it is the greatest bang for the buck bent on the market.

You know I had one of those and there are times that I'm sad I sold it. If it just wasn't such a PITA to transport!

It's equally a PITA to transport the Rans Formula, that's why I don't ride it only once in a while.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Have the same transportation issue with my EZ Sport. I'm trying to figure out some way of working that into an excuse to add a Lightning P-38 to my stable! Wink
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabent Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

IMHO the long wheel base recumbent is the ultimate bent. They are the easiest bents to ride. The big thing is they can be adapted to most any type of riding you want to do. Shift the seat more upright, and they are a great bike for around town riding. Load them up and they are probably the best pack horse to ride cross county with.

My Rans Stratus LE is in my opinion the LWB bent with the best bang for the buck. Its handling is great both fast and slow. The seat and handle bars are infinately adjustabe so anyone can achieve a position that suits them. All fun no pain!!!!
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rydabent Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Too take my opinion about the Stratus further, the seat and handle bars are the biggest plus. The seat moves back and forth, and has many levels of recline. The handle bars have almost an infinate amount of adjustment. With the seat and handle bars being so adjustable there is no compromise as to what makes the position in the "cockpit" just right for you.
rydabent
rydabent
Recumbent Rider
Recumbent Rider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesCat Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02 am

rydabent - That's really one of the major advantages of MOST 'bents: you can adjust the bike to fit YOU, you don't have to search high and low for a bike whose static geometry must fit you.
BluesCat
BluesCat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2